2018 / 04 / 14 Posted in 1ST Airport Taxis
Kenilworth Road Stadium History
The fascinating history of Kenilworth Road began in 1905 when the Luton Town FC made it as their home-ground. Luton Town Football Club is the official football team that represents Luton in national football league games, Kenilworth Road was built in 1905.
It has the seating capacity of 10,365. According to online sources, Kenilworth Road was named after an end-site of a street, but if you look at the address, Kenilworth Road Stadium is on 1 Maple road in Luton.
Facts About Kenilworth Road
Did you know?
No one knows the exact date and history of the site where Kenilworth Road Stadium stands today
Home Ground for Football
Since its establishment, Kenilworth Road has been a ground for record-breaking and amazing historic matches. Here’s a quick look at Kenilworth Road’s historical survival since its erection:
- 1905 – Kenilworth Road Stadium was built
- 1920s – Underwent minor changes and expansion
- 1930s – Underwent expansion of seating arrangement after reaching 30,000
- 1940s – Minor renovation with major changes in the field
- 1953 – Flood Lights were added for night matches
- 1959 – witnessed record-breaking attendance of 30,069
- 1960s – Minor renovation with major changes in the field
- 1970s – England’s Under-17 national football team used the ground
- 1980s – artificial turf was added for a short time until banned permanently
- 1991 – The David Preece stand was built
- 1992 – Fan away ban was imposed for sometime
- 2015 – Progressive plans were accepted for better changes
Kenilworth Road Stadium Facts
Did you know?
A match between Millwall F.C and Luton Town F.C on March 13, 1985, was halted after 14-25 minutes when a riot broke out between fans, the match was temporarily called-off by the referee. Later a fan ban was imposed to cater such situations
How to get to Kenilworth Road Stadium
Kenilworth Road Stadium is 1 mile away from west of the centre of Luton, people can use the following public transport for travelling to Kenilworth Road Stadium:
Travel to Kenilworth Road Stadium by Bus/Coach – Following bus stations are surrounding the Kenilworth Road Stadium: Clifton Road LU1 1SP, Bedfordshire Yeoman LU1 1NU, and Newcombe Road LU1 1NN
Travel to Kenilworth Road Stadium by Taxi – If you’re looking for an affordable and safe way to get to the Stadium, book a taxi to Kenilworth Road Stadium from anywhere in Luton, London, Bedfordshire 24/6 at affordable rates.
What are the contact details of Kenilworth Road Stadium
Here is the list of contact details of Kenilworth Road Stadium, Luton: